Announcements June 2021
Image credit: Swanton Pacific Ranch
Everyone is invited to join the Virtual Swanton Ranch Day on Tuesday, June 29 at 3pm!
The topic of discussion will be 'They tell me compost is good, but how much do I need?'
Please CLICK HERE for virtual event flyer with Zoom link. No pre-registration required.
And just announced, an In-person Swanton Field Day on Wednesday, June 30!
Please CLICK HERE for in-person event flyer and registration info. Register by June 23.
1. Virtual Ranch Day: Rangeland Compost Application Workshop, Swanton Pacific Ranch: 6/29
2. In-person Field Day: Degraded Rangeland and Soil Health, Swanton Pacific Ranch: 6/30
3. Cal Poly Meats (and more) Drive-thru: Every Thursday, Friday, Saturday
San Luis Obispo & Monterey Counties
4. Hunger Awareness Day, SLO Food Bank Coalition: 6/4
5. The Secret of Living Walls: Behind the Scenes at the Cal Poly Plant Conservatory: 6/19
6. One Cool Earth Garden Party: 6/25
7. Open Farm Day, SLO County Farm Trail: 7/17
8. Organic Produce Summit, Monterey: 9/15-16
9. Funding for Farmers webinar, California Climate Investments: 6/8
10. EcoFarm Dirt First! Queer Farming: Celebrating Pride Month: 6/15
11. Carbon Farm Demonstration Network: How do we properly test for soil microbial dynamics?: 6/16
12. The Spoon/ReFED Food Waste Insights + Innovation Forum: 6/16
13. UC-SAREP Racial Equity in Extension Webinar #1: Farm Workers are Farmers: 6/18
14. WSJ Global Food Forum: 6/24 [Reserve at no cost with code: FFAR]
15. AFT Local Planning for California Agriculture and Climate Resilience: 6/25
16. 2021 North American Agroforestry Conference: 6/28 – 7/2
17. COMET Tools - An Overview of the Climate Smart Toolset webinar: 7/1
18. UC Ag Experts Talk: Biology and Management of Avocado Lace Bug in California: 7/7
19. Sustainable Agronomy Conference & Conservation in Action Tour Series: 7/20-8/24
20. USDA Pandemic Cover Crop Program file by: 6/15
21. Environmental Educator Trainings, UC California Naturalist: 7/13 - 8/13
22. Leopold Conservation Awards application deadline: 7/15
23. LEED Green Associate Training: 7/17, 8/26 or Self-paced [Discount code ‘green’]
24. Conservation Project Manager position, San Mateo Resource Conservation District
25. Climate and Soil Specialist position, Napa Green Soil to Bottle Sustainability Certification
26. Job Opportunities at the California Rangeland Trust
27. Grants and Contracts Manager position at the Center for Land-based Learning
28. Garden Educator Manager position, One Cool Earth, SLO County
29. Vegetable Production Manager position, Rancho Soquel, Santa Cruz
30. Conservation Reserve Program, USDA Farm Service Agency
31. Debt Relief Options for Socially Disadvantaged Producers, USDA American Rescue Plan Act
To contact us with additional announcements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org